How to get glowing skin faster
According to a British Association of Dermatologists survey carried out last year, many Britons are unaware that sun protection can keep the skin looking younger, believing instead that applying a daily moisturizer, eating a healthy diet, drinking plenty of water and having facial massages will suffice. Not only does exposure to UV increase a person's risk of , it also affects the elastin in the skin, which leads to wrinkles and sun-induced skin ageing such as leatheriness and blotchy pigmentation
· Avoid the sun during high intensity hours: the sun's rays do the most damage between 10 am and 4 pm, so limit the time you spend outside during this period.
· No matter what your skin type, use sunscreen habitually and on a daily basis—it protects cells from additional damage while giving skin a chance to make visible repairs on previously damaged cells.
· Doctors recommend treating skin in the evening, when it’s free of sun-protection products and treatments can be in contact with your skin for an uninterrupted block of time. Try smoothing on a serum; these concentrated blends of vitamins, peptides, antioxidants, and botanicals are formulated to avert or minimize uneven tone as well as fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin.
· : There are options that both cleanse and buff away dead skin, but you can also combat blahness by combining your favorite face wash with a gentle scrub. Look for a cleanser that will address your skin's specific issues. Acne? A salicylic acid-based wash will unclog pores and fight bacteria. Pigmentation or dark spots? A , which packs anti-aging antioxidants, will help even skin tone. If your skin is on the drier side, look for a scrub with added oils.
· Drinking alcohol can make your body and skin dehydrated, leaving the skin looking old and tired. So if you are drinking alcohol drink plenty of water and stick to sensible amounts. Have a non-alcoholic drink like soda water or watery fruit juice in between the alcoholic ones to help your body rehydrate.
· Moisturizing is important because it protects the skin from the weather and from drying up and looking dull. It helps your skin maintain its natural moisture levels too, because iy seals in the water already in your skin or slowly release water into skin.
· Sleep is essential for healthy skin. Not enough quality sleep will make your skin look tired and older, especially with bags under your eyes. Poor quality sleep can become a vicious cycle because lack of sleep makes you irritable, anxious and depressed, and that makes it harder to get good sleep.
· Eat omega3. These "good fats" in foods such as salmon, flaxseed, and almonds boost hydration, which keeps skin supple and firm. The same isn't true of the saturated fat in dairy products and meats, which increase free-radical damage that makes skin more susceptible to aging. Limit saturated fat intake to about 17 g daily.
How to get glowing skin faster Reviewed by Mamta soni on 12:00 PM Rating: