Health Benefits Of Almonds
The health benefits of almonds are extensive, and they are frequently used as a healthy solution for relief from constipation, respiratory disorders, coughs, heart disorders, anemia, impotency, and diabetes. It also helps in maintenance of healthy hair, skin care (psoriasis), and dental care.
Almonds are usually eaten raw, but many people also add them as ingredients in salads, casseroles, and other dishes. Almond milk is also a delicious beverage, and an alternative to less nutritious cow’s milk.
You can eat almonds directly, preferably on an empty stomach to increase and speed up the absorption of their nutrients. You can soak them in water overnight so you can eat them the morning. Crushed almonds are also a wonderful garnish for a number of dishes.
Health Benefits Of Almonds (Badam)
1. Almonds reduce Heart Attack Risk. A study showed those who consumed nuts five times a week had a 50% reduction in risk of heart attack according to the Loma Linda School of Public Health.
2. Almonds have great health benefits in terms of healthy skin. Almonds prevent premature appearance of wrinkles, black heads, pimples and dry skin as well. A regular massage with almond oil will help you to get a glowing and flawless complexion.
3. Almonds also increase the blood flow to the vital organs and are also used as aphrodisiacs.
4. Almonds contain riboflavin and L-carnitine, nutrients that boost brain activity which may also reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
5. Build strong bones and teeth with the phosphorus in almonds.
6. Almond oil is also used to treat black circles around the eyes, since almond oil helps to re-vitalize the fatigues cells and improve the blood flow.
7. According to Ayurveda, almonds help increase high intellectual level and longevity.
8. Almond oil is also considered as one of the most popular choice of massage oils, which rejuvenates the body and replenishes the skin. It is also known to relieve the stress.
9. Babies who have lactose intolerance, can be given a mixture of powdered almonds mixed with warm water, which provides as much if not more nutrition as milk.
10. Almond oil also possesses laxative properties and helps to produce soft stools and avoid any other problems of the digestive system.
This is one very nutrient-dense food which we call a Power food.
- Packed with protein; almonds are 13 percent protein.
- One ounce (or about 23 almonds) is an excellent source of vitamin E, magnesium, fiber and protein.
- Filled with minerals such as magnesium, copper.
- Filled with B vitamins.
- Provide 266 mg (27% DV) of calcium per 100 g serving, 367 mg (37% DV) per cup.
- Full of potassium, phosphorus and iron.
- One-ounce serving of almonds contains about the same amount of antioxidants as a serving of broccoli.
- One of the best whole food sources of vitamin E, with about one third of the daily value per ounce.
- Heart-healthy with monounsaturated fat; one-quarter cup of almonds contains about 18 grams of fat, 11 grams is heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
- 20-25 almonds contain as much calcium as 1/4 cup of milk.
Health Benefits Of Almonds Reviewed by Rahul Soni on 12:39 PM Rating: