Home Remedies for long, Strong Shinier Nails
Your nails are made up of Keratin, the same protein as your hair is made of. Everyone want their nails to grow fast and strong and they add beauty to your hands. All of our Nails grow at a fixed rate, so, if you want nice and long Nail, you should protect your nails and give them proper nourishment. Here are some ways to make your nails grow faster, strong and shinier.
Home Remedies for long, Strong Shinier Nails
To promote growth, it is essential to keep your nails well moisturized. Olive oil is the best when it comes to nail care. It penetrates deep into the skin and nails and thus helps nourish your nails. Plus, it contains vitamin E which improves circulation blood circulation, helps repair damaged nails and promotes nail strength and growth. Before going to bed, apply warm olive oil to your nails and cuticles and massage gently for 5 minutes. Wear cotton gloves overnight. Do this once daily. You can also soak your nails in warm olive oil for 15 to 30 minutes once daily to promote nail growth.
Garlic is very effective to make your nails grow fast. Apply garlic paste to your nails twice a week or simply cut a garlic clove in half and rub it on your nails. Its juices will be absorbed by the nail.
Rubbing a slice of lemon on nails also helps maintain shiny nails and promotes Nail Growth naturally. Follow this therapy regularly for about five minutes and then rinse with water.
Lavender oil & Tea tree oil
A combination of lavender oil and tea tree oil not only avoids nail damage but also helps prevent nail breakage. Follow this natural Nail Growth treatment by diluting the mixture in water and then soaking the nails in the solution for 5 minutes.
Herbal tea by adding 3/4th teaspoon of dried horsetail stems in two cups of boiling water is another valuable natural remedy for Nail Growth. To prepare this herbal remedy, steep the mixture for about 10-15 minutes, strain it. Add honey to improve the taste. Finally, drink this herbal tea to cure brittle nails and enhance Nail Growth. You can also soak your nails in a mixture of chopped horsetail stems, honey and boiling water.
Coconut oil works well for healthy nail growth. It contains important nutrients to keep your nails moisturized and strong. It also strengthens your cuticles, which play a key role in nail growth. Plus, it helps cure hangnails, cuticle infections and fungal nails. Massage your nails and hands with warm extra-virgin coconut oil daily at night, before going to bed. Massage in circular motions to improve blood circulation. You can also prepare a nail soak. Mix 1/4 cup of organic coconut oil, 1/4 cup of honey and 4 drops of rosemary essential oil. Warm the solution in the microwave for 20 seconds. Soak your nails in it for 15 minutes. Follow this remedy one or two times a week.
A range of vitamins are necessary for healthy nail growth. One such vitamin is biotin, also known as vitamin H. Biotin encourages the growth of nails and hair as it improves the keratin infrastructure. Slow nail growth as well as nail abnormalities like weak, thin and brittle nails are often linked to biotin deficiency. You can get biotin from foods like eggs, whole grains, carrots, tomatoes, salmon, almonds, cauliflower, cucumber, milk, soybeans, strawberries, lentils, oats and walnuts. You can also take a biotin supplement, but consult your doctor first.
Soak nails in white vinegar. Put enough white vinegar (enough to cover your nails is OK) in a plastic bowl and then soak your nails in white vinegar for 3-5 minutes (one hand at a time). Take your hands out and dry the vinegar with a dish cloth or paper towel. Then, wash your hands with soap again to remove the smell of vinegar.
Tips and Tricks for Strong Long Nails
· Avoid exposing your nails to harsh chemicals, including cleaning products. When working or cleaning, wear gloves to protect your nails from damage.
· To help prevent fungal infections from invading your nails, keep your nails and cuticles clean and dry. If you have a nail infection, get it treated immediately.
· Avoid biting your nails or picking at hangnails. Avoid scratching your nails as it can make them weak.
· Eat a healthy diet for healthy and strong nails. Increase your intake of green tea as it will improve the quality of your nails.
· Regularly trim and cut your nails to make them grow faster. Opt for frequent manicures to stimulate faster nail growth.
· Apply petroleum jelly on your nails and hands before going to bed to keep them moisturized.
· Avoid using nail polish that contains formaldehyde, toluene or sulfonamide.
· Expose your nails to early morning sunlight to help your body create the vitamin D that your nails need to grow faster.
· Do some exercises daily to have good blood circulation, which will help your nails grow faster.
· You can also take multi-vitamins to speed up nail growth.
Home Remedies for long, Strong Shinier Nails Reviewed by Rahul Soni on 9:35 AM Rating: