Swine Flu: Symptoms and Treatment Home Remedies
We are experiencing a new disease called swine flu virus which started in Mexico spreading to the US and the rest of the world reaching pandemic proportion. At this moment the best approach to the swine flu virus is to preventing it from infecting us in the first place, for that there are many steps that the population has to learn and practice diligently, (more on that later).
If we get infected by the swine flu virus there are a number of conventional treatments available and they must be used in all cases, however there are also many home remedies for swine flu virus that can help mitigate the symptoms.
Symptoms of Swine Flu H1N1
– Fever higher than 100° F.
– Frequent and intense cough.
– Loss of appetite.
– Nasal Congestion.
– Body ache and pain.
Lifestyle Advise for Swine Flu H1N1
1. Get Plenty of Sleep. To improve your resistance to any disease, the most important thing you can do is get enough rest. Your body knows how to heal, and it does this best when sleeping. Get adequate rest on a daily basis, and if you begin to feel fatigue during a time of increased stress to your immune system, take naps, get into bed earlier, relax and let your body do what it does best: restore and rebuild.
2. Hydrate. Our bodies are 80% water. Drink plenty of water each day to stay hydrated and to allow the body to flush toxins from the blood and the liver. Drink pure water, not soda or juice, for best results.
3. Exercise. Exercise increases your resistance to disease. It stimulates the cleansing blood flow and increases your natural stress reducing hormones. Exercise doesn’t have to be strenuous to be beneficial. Science has shown that walking daily is good for your health and well-being.
4. Spend time outdoors. The healing benefits of nature are yours and all you need to do is step outside. The fresh air cleanses your lungs and the vitamin D from sunshine is great for general health. Even on a rainy day or at night, the fresh air is beneficial.
Home Remedies for Swine flu H1N1
Take washed Tulsi leaves (popularly known as Basil) regularly in the morning. The leaves contain therapeutic elements. It keeps the lungs and the throat clear and helps in clearing the infections.
Take Vitamin C to boost immune system and increase the number of white blood cells.
Make a tea mixing
1 tsp. bayberry bark.
1 tsp. grated ginger root.
½ tsp. cayenne powder.
1 cup of boiling water.
Let it sit for 20 minutes.
Cold and Flu tablets
Take “cold and flu” tablets this homeopathic preparation has help people avoid getting infected with the flu virus by taking 1 tablet a day throughout the flu season.
Aloe vera (gwarpatha) too is a commonly available plant. Its thick and long, cactus-like leaves have an odorless gel. A teaspoon gel taken with water daily can work wonders for not only your skin and joint pains, but also boost immunity.
Take homeopathic medicines — Pyrogenium 200 and Inflenzium 200 in particular — five tablets three times a day, or two-three drops three times a day. While these are not specifically targeted at H1N1 either, these work well as preventive against common flu virus.
Have citrus fruits, particularly Vitamin C rich Amla (Indian gooseberry) juice. Since fresh Amla is not yet available in the market (not for another three to four months), it is not a bad idea to buy packaged Amla juice which is commonly available nowadays.
Those not allergic to milk, must take a glass of hot or lukewarm milk every night with a small measure of haldi (turmeric).
Swine Flu: Symptoms and Treatment Home Remedies Reviewed by Rahul Soni on 1:58 PM Rating: